20 Oct Ten Tips for Packing Light for Travel
With todays new security standards and especially the extra luggage charges, I am encouraging my clients to pack as light as possible. Here are some great tips on packing for travel:
Packing Light, by Lynn Ciccarelli
1. Start with a light weight suitcase. One that expands. Today travelers can be limited to 40-50 pounds per bag. To exceed the weight is very pricey. $50- $80.
2. Size matters. Start with a 20-22” suitcase. It is hard to over pack if your space is limited.
3. What to pack? Only what you need!
4. Make sure everything you pack can be used with at least 2 other things you packed. Have a well thought out wardrobe for travel. Have 2-3 pairs of basic color shoes.
Basic Elements of Travel
1 basic color skirt + 2 tops = 2 outfits
1 basic color pant + 2 tops = 2 outfits
1 basic color cardigan sweater that matches everything
5. Purchase natural fibers with a knit weave. Something lightweight and easy to layer.
6. Buy a ski sleeveless t-shirt. This takes ups very little room and can keep you warm if the weather turns cold
7. Invest in a ¾ length trench coat with a removable lining. Looks good day or night. Easy to have a warm coat by adding the lining.
8. Choose basic color shoes for pants and skirts. 1 pair of dress shoes and 1 good pair of walking shoes that are waterproof. Take a pair of lightweight smart looking tennis shoes that can be worn with casual pants and used in the gym.
9. Toiletries- Purchase small sizes or refill sample sizes of hair products or skin products. FOR CARRY ON you can only take 3oz. liquids and only as many that will fill a 1 QUART Ziplock bag.
10. ALL medications should be with you never in packed luggage.
For some great travel ideas, visit www.bellavacations.com